As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Los Angeles Art Association (LAAA)/ Gallery 825’s mission is to provide opportunities, resources, services and exhibition venues for Los Angeles artists, with an emphasis on emerging talent. Having launched the careers of many high-profile artists, LAAA continues to play a central role in the Los Angeles arts community by providing local artists and the public with exceptional exhibitions and programs, as well as a forum for exchange and education through lectures, workshops and networking opportunities.
LAAA began as a civic art institution in the 1920s, connecting elite art interests to Hollywood collectors, emerging after World War II as the center of Los Angeles modernism and finally becoming the city’s nexus for emerging artists of all media.LAAA provides:
• Group and solo show exhibitions, LAAA provides artists with venues to freely express their artistic vision, allowing the public and the larger arts community with the opportunity to experience new work as it happens.
• Mentoring opportunities with established artists
• ArtSpeak is LAAA’s lecture and workshop series specifically responsive to the career preparedness and workplace readiness issues for artists.
• Film & Video 825, a screening of local and nationally recognized video artists’ work curated by Gallery 825/LAAA and members of the arts community.
• Artist Hash Sessions, artist-driven dialogues concerning issues that pertain to their careers, their process, the art scene, as well as an opportunity to network with other artists.
• Public Art Classes
Thank You to Our Sponsors